This article is about a norweigan women who started her journey in 2016. Now this season, she is planning on competing in the Norweigan Pro2 class. Her name is LinnPetrine Knutsen, age 30 and living in Eidsvoll, Akershus.
We did see LinnPetrine at Gatebil in the beginning of summer 2018, and then also saw here shred tyres at Disco Dance on GTR Motorpark, so we decided to have a chat with her and learn alittle more.
Tell us little about you, who are you?
– I am 30 years young, working at Ford, Sulland Jessheim, love Just about everything with a engine and moves fast. I am from Engerdal Kommune in Hedmark, but live at the moment in Eidsvoll, Akershus.
How did you begin with drifting and how long have you been drifting?
– I was introduced to drifting the summer 2016.. I had my first lap in my RHD Nissan skyline r33 at Mantorp Park that summer. First time i got to really do Drifting was in september 2017 at Gatebil Rudskogen.. So i havent really done Drifting for more than for 1 year or so.
Tell us about your car?
– My car is a RHD Nissan Skyline r33 with an RB26 engine.
Right now it has 400hp, but it will get som upgrades until next season, so we will see what the numbers will be when it is done.
What are your plans for the winter?
– My plan for this winter is to upgrade the car with a new Lock-kit , some changes on the engine and cooling-system, and get the car a new front after a huge crash in august. Hopefully i also will drive a icebeater on a few icetracks in Norway and Sweden to get som more practice.
Will you compete next season, in what series?
– My plan is to compete in the Norwegian Cup Pro2, and maybe try one round in Queen of Europe if everything works out as planned.
What other events will you drive at?
– Events in 2019 will be of course Discodans, that is a awesome event i attended also in 2018. And 2Fast in Frøya, maybe Gatebil Mantorp, and Gatebil Rudskogen.
What are your goals for the nearest future?
– My goal is to be a much better technical driver, and always evolve.
And i also want to get more girls into Drifting, so that is something i am working on.
I really want to say a big thank you to everyone that is helping me reaching my dream, and so i can keep doing this. To all of my partners, and friends.
And i´m really looking forward to a new season, and meet new People. I love to be a part of the Drifting – family
We wish LinnPetrine the best of luck in the future, we will keep an eye on her and follow her journey.
Text & Photos: Henrik Andersson, Driftzone